GOTS is the most recognized international standard certification agency, which defines the requirements in order to exclude the use of toxic substances throughout the manufacturing process of biological tissues.
- Ban on use of toxic heavy metals (chromium, nickel, cobalt, etc..), formaldehyde, genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and their enzymes.
- Ban on use of pesticides and chemical insecticides
- Ban on use of azo dyes that release carcinogenic amines
- The use of synthetic sizing agents is restricted; knitting and weaving oils must not contain heavy metals
- Bleaches must be based on oxygen (no chlorine bleaching)
- Discharge printing methods using aromatic solvents and plastisol printing methods using phthalates and PVC are prohibited
- Restrictions for accessories (e.g. no PVC, nickel or chrome permitted)
QuitAndMove, through his Code of Ethics and the GOTS certification, requires that all the people who take part in the production of your t-shirt do not suffer any risk for their health, and they work in a legal environment with respect of the human rights.
GOTS defines these Minimum Social Criteria:
For more details download the complete GOTS Standard.